I ordered my Advocare through my blog friend Molly Hall - You can always email her at email@example.com for information and/or to order. The 10 day cleanse is around $32.00. Holly did a post back in January and has some great tips and information - check it out HERE.
Anyways... I had heard about this cleanse through the blog world and really was in search of a product that I could try for a SHORT period of time to jump start a better "eating regime". You all know this mama loves her some food and I am NOT to proud to admit it. Yes I run, workout, etc... but I like to EAT... and honestly, I know you all love your BIG SALADS but this girl loves her BIG BURGERS & SWEET POTATO FRIES! I go for two weeks and do AWESOME and then I cave... and eat an ENTIRE bag of Swedish Fish, order a WHOLE Sierra Turkey sandwich from Bread Co WITH a cookie, eat 2 (or 3) bowls of Cap N Crunch Berries cereal... you get the point. My will power is NOT the greatest.
Insert the Advocare 10 day Cleanse - my odds are NOT the BEST - let me tell you... BUT I am really going to put forth a BIG effort.
HERE is what you do in a nutshell.
Update on Day 1....
1. Drank my FiberDrink in the A.M. - not the right way but now I know to just chug.
2. Drank a TON of water - 8 8oz glasses
3. Took my 3 Herbal Cleanse Pills before bed
4. No working out on Day 1 - that is recommended and was okay with me...
|Little did I know this would lead to FABULOUS sleep;)|
Breakfast: Banana, 2 Hard boil eggs - I had coffee PLAIN - sorry I had to.
Lunch: Salad and more carrots
Dinner: Fish with homemade salsa and brussel sprouts - NO BUTTER or ANYTHING.
How I felt:
1. I was HUNGRY and CRABBY - not going to lie. I wanted bread - BAD!
2. The FiberDrink was not great - but I didn't drink it the right way - today I will do better.
3. I was tired and and had a headache.
4. The cleansing pills before bed made me have CRAAAAAZY dreams - but it was fun;) *think Gideon...
|Yeah... I may have Keeked about the dreams:)|
AND... here is a big SHOCKER everyone, I am giving up alcohol for Lent. Yep... minus St. Patrick's day - that day is just too "me" and a couple glasses of wine here or there. Yeah it is never black/white with me;) BUT I am doing it...
Time To Get My Ashes
Interested in Advocare? Love dreaming? Any one giving anything up for Lent (if you do this thing)?